Get Started

Home  /  MBE Services  /  Get Started


MBE Certification is conducted by the regional affiliate where your business is headquartered. With NMSDC’s stamp of approval, your company has access to our national network and greater exposure to major multinational corporations around the world.

To become certified, each applicant goes through a detailed process that determines if the applicant is at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by US citizen(s) and operates an independent for-profit business.

It is strongly recommended to attend the MBE Pre-Certification Workshop that happens the 4th Thursday of every month at 10:00 a.m. Please visit our certification briefings tab for information on the location. At the MBE Pre-Certification Workshop, the certification application is reviewed in detail along with the process and the documentation. Applicants have found that by attending the Pre-Certification workshop, they get through the process quicker and submit completed packets.


Companies certified by CVMSDC are required to renew their certification each year. It is the company’s responsibility to maintain current certification yearly. The certification expiration date will be listed on the certificate and in the company’s online profile. While registered contacts may receive a courtesy notification warning that the certification is due to expire, CVMSDC is not responsible for ensuring that a Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) gets recertified. Recertification remains the sole responsibility of each MBE.

The applicant is also responsible for submitting the required documents for recertification. These documents include:

  • Completed recertification application
  • Signed, dated and notarized affidavit/declaration page
  • Complete and signed copy of the previous year’s federal tax returns including all schedules
  • If you have filed a tax extension, please provide a copy of the IRS approved tax extension along with:
    • End of year financial statements for December 31 of the previous year along with your GAAP financial documents. (balance sheet and profit/loss & statement of     cash flows all signed by the president of the company)
  • You may also contact Marjilette Brown to request a CPA Taxes verification form if you are unable to obtain the previous year’s tax return, tax extension and GAAP          financial documents
  • Non-refundable processing fee


Contact Us