The Carolinas-Virginia MSDC conducts an extensive business review of new and existing MBEs. This review, the Certification Process, is designed to ensure compliance with the NMSDC member standards for certified minority business status. Certification by the Carolinas-Virginia MSDC is a nationally recognized NMSDC Certification and has the capability of nationwide expansion through Subscription Service.
Applying for MBE Certification at Carolinas-Virginia MSDC, consists of the steps listed below. The Certification process can take up to 90 days. The time depends on how complete your application is.
Please note the following seven (7) steps must be completed “in full” to obtain valid Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification:
- Submit a “COMPLETE” signed application and nonrefundable APPLICATION FEE to the Carolinas-Virginia MSDC office (Applications are stamped in).
- For an application to be COMPLETE, it must include all required support DOCUMENTATION and support EXPLANATION. If your application is INCOMPLETE, you will be formally notified by fax or email requesting either additional information or an explanation. (NOTE: You need to have both an operational fax number and email address). If your application is complete, you will also be notified.
- Certification Committee REVIEW (1st Tuesday of each month) and recommendation for site visit or denial of applicant.
- SITE VISIT with principals (at least 51% must be present).
- APPROVAL of an MBE application must be done by the Carolinas-Virginia MSDC Board of Directors.
- Applicants will be formally notified of APPROVAL. In addition, the applicant will receive a Minority Business Information System (MBISYS) Database Profile Form that is critical that you review, as this is how a corporation will “view” you in the MBISYS system.
- “OFFICIAL” Carolinas-Virginia MSDC WELCOME LETTER from President and MBE Certificate will be emailed. Following the email distribution, the originals will be mailed.
If your certification application has been approved or you are already a certified MBE and you would like to:
- View your MBE profile
- Update contact information
- Search for fellow MBEs to build relationships
- Find opportunities with other MBEs
Please contact the CVMSDC Certification Team (704) 549-1000 option 1
(*)Note: Expedited processing is based on the submission of a complete application and all supporting documentation at the time of request and will be submitted to the Certification Committee within 15 business days.
(*)Note: If your certificate is not renewed prior to the expiration date a late fee ranging from $100.00- $250.00 will be added in addition to your re-certification application fee. If your application is 90 days past due, you will be required to submit a new certification application in lieu of a recertification application.